Welcome To My Blog!

From: The Rival™

Tuesday 13 September 2011

When The Words Collide

Today I go to my college with my car,and unfortunately my class has been cancelled so I go to the library to study for my next day class,there,I bumped into my colleague but different class,as today is my 'lucky' day that the librarian who's in charge is disappeared,I take the opportunity to gain the password of my college library password,and my colleague that happen to be a girl is calling her boyfriend.

While I was surfing the Internet (that had been accessed with library main computer)I print the information I needed for my presentation tomorrow,The girl is still talking to her boyfriend,I returned to my table and accidentally heard their conversation,I don't know how many romantic  phrases they were talking but I realise they talking by mixing the conversation with malay and english  or in my easy word is called 'Bahasa Rojak'.


Bahasa Rojak is widely used, especially by Malaysian urban youths, which triggers fears and concerns about the correct usages of Malay language. Recently, the government of Malaysia decided to empower the correct usage of Malay language, especially in the private sector, by discouraging the usage of Bahasa Rojak. For example, TV3 recently changed the name of Karnival Sure Heboh to Karnival Jom Heboh as a result of public concern.
Comic magazines are often blamed for the usage of Bahasa Rojak, and this issue is often debated. Words or phrases written in Bahasa Rojak are often printed in boldface to enable readers to identify them. In particular, by the end of 2003, Gempakmagazine began using a more formal language style and minimizing Bahasa Rojak occurrences, including the usage of bold lettering for words deemed colloquial.

Based on google explanation,why don't we use just only one language? Is it hard to just talk one language in our daily conversation?whether we realize or not we have forgotten our root by exploiting this language,so please..embraces me,try to configure out what my minds is thinking about.

That's all for today's blog.Think's Out Of The Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment